How to create Organic Compost // Editorial, instructional Illustrations














________________________________________________________________

This is a series of Illustrations I did for GRID Magazine to accompany an article on the do's, do-not's, and various methods (systems) of organic composting. Because GRID Magazine has such a hip and unique feel through out, I wanted these to have a cooler feel than the average "
how-to" illustrations. To do so, I worked out the super clear brown line art with halftones (based on my pencil drawings), then hand inked the shading (green & blue layers) with black ink and scanned it, vectored it and applied it. I also created the white layer the same way as the blue and green. Finally I set the various layers to "multiply" to create the effect of overlapping color/shapes... almost like a screen print!