Spill Your Guts 2009 // Illustration Process


Left to Right: Pencil Drawing, Ink Drawing, Black & White Vector (that's halftone, not gray), Color Vector. This concept came together really quickly... The pencil drawing was out of my sketch book, which I scanned @ 600dpi and dropped onto a 11"x17" art board @ 300dpi (to blow it up). Then I printed it out at 11"x17" and inked right on top! Then I scanned the ink drawing @ 600dpi and placed it onto a 10"x34" skateboard template. From there I created the black & white vector then finally the color.




A Close up of the Ink drawing.




A Close up of the Ink drawing.




A couple of the scanned sketches from my sketch book that led to the concept that ended up being this illustration, skate deck & t-shirt... The ones on the right were 4 options that I sent along with the slightly tighter drawing on the left... The sketch furthest to the left being the one that ended up being finished.